mergemaster

Hello all.
I still can not get mergemaster working on my FreeBSD 7.2 and up systems.

also if i create new jails with ezjail on 7.1 it all works, if i do that on the 7.2 and 8.0 Beta1 system i still get the mergemaster error.

install -o root -g wheel -m 444  /usr/src/etc/../sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC.hints  /var/tmp/temproot/boot/device.hints

*** Beginning comparison

  *** Checking /usr/jails/jail1//etc/rc.d for stale files

  *** No stale files found

 *** There is no installed version of ./boot/device.hints

install: mkdir /usr/jails/jail1//boot: File exists
install: /usr/jails/jail1//boot: No such file or directory
*** FATAL ERROR: Unable to install ./boot/device.hints to /usr/jails/jail1//boot

In the jails the boot dir is a link to the basejail dir in the jail.
When the jails runs the basejail dir is mounted from the basjail dir of the /usr/jails/basejail dir.

this also happens on clean installed systems with nothing more than ezjail and a test jail.

thanks for your time.

--
*Johan Hendriks*

Tel: +31 (0)251 229098
Fax: +31 (0)251 212016
email: j.hendriks AT schavemaker DOT com <mailto:j.hendriks AT schavemaker DOT com>
web: http://www.schavemaker.com