Re: [ezjail] do I need to run mergemaster on each jail?

im replying to myself.

yes, you do.

lots of things don't get updated with ezjail-admin update -i

lots of things.

if it comes up again, this url should help
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-August/179953.html

Michael Scheidell wrote:
I thought (maybe, don't know why or how) that ezjail-admin update -i might do it.

outside of jail:

make buildworld
mergemaster (-a, -ai, -i, )whatever

ezjail-admin update -i

md5 checksums are different, specifically, 'old host' was running 6.4, i386 code.
new host is running 7.1, amd64 code.

md5 on /etc/rc.subr and /usr/jails/newjail/etc/rc.subr are the same, but

md5 on /usr/jails/{randomjail}/etc/rc.subr isn't the same.

strange things happen.

/etc/rc.d/cron stop doesn't work inside jail, not everything stops (or start) like it should

but when I tried to run mergemaster inside of jail, I get this:

cd: can't cd to /usr/src/etc
make: don't know how to make distrib-dirs. Stop

  *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
      the temproot environment

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
  • Certified SNORT Integrator
  • 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
  • Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
  • Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
  • King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
For Information please see www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/