Re: [ezjail] ezjail downloading souce for basejail

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Philipp Wuensche <cryx-freebsd AT h3q DOT com> wrote:
Shane wrote:
> After installing from the ports and completing make buildword do I still
> need to do ezjail-admin install to create the initial basejail or can I just
> skip to ezjail-admin update?

ezjail-admin update -i should do the trick.

Thanks Philipp - after your post I re-read the man pages and I see now that both "install" and "update" essentially do the same thing albeit from different sources (ftp vs local compilation).... poor choice of words?.   I assumed I knew what I was doing without reading the fine print (imagine that!). Perhaps the confusion could be reduced by including "install-local [-i]" or "install -l [-i]" (where -l is for local) mapping to the same function as "update [-i]" to differentiate between installing for the first time vs updating... or perhaps not :p
Thanks,
Shane