[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ezjail downloading souce for basejail
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: ezjail downloading souce for basejail
- From: Shane <groobly AT gmail DOT com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:30:40 +1000
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=yOu2T92AF+GayYBSLVxxcQBQFhu2B3A3zk2eGwz70qE=; b=SRGCTOqGbvhyVdzBkvJjXTPx0RvWjkBxiFcCGAHBsp/MCFbuCMCSQqYVekZlYg9mZo yyU7HDKuQ3DMeQOtlCB3cwSRU9Zm32ZI3AaSJFEP27yW+e1NdNH5ItCqdITmbDlaSTli /Gk4sXlXg8AtYkbmjeUQs6U9mjSoPUX6+fX8U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=hB6tZIppt61jK4T+Uepv6vCHhxUhFlOmWJkklYFHEOOPuUqzUL1qZmG32k6jX91sLX ihM9kP57nyRn441Os68VUW+dLyuIIpoaZNUmNBk6IfQQsgHiKNdAoQSlIJ/4dTfa6wmg GA/vCxuXpfpU49gKE6dvOeC6kNs6wy8LetCqY=
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
I've used ezjail on 4-5 systems over the last 5 years and for the first time encoutered a problem where ezjail-admin install was attempting to download the source for the basejail but was failing (I'll explain that in a sec).
This is a Minimal install of FreeBSD 6.3 from CDROM with the full source and ports collection installed.
Ezjail was installed from the local ports collection because pkg_add -r failed (for whatever reason.. I didnt persue it)
"ezjail-admin install" failed on the FTP download for the basejail creation because ftp.freebsd.org
had moved 6.3-RELEASE to an archive because 6.4-RELEASE is out.
To get around this I *thought* I could "make buildworld" and with the local source compiled I expected ezjail-admin install to create the basejail from the locally compiled files as it does with ezjail-admin update.
Instead ezjail-admin went looking for the FTP download again (and failed).
I got out of the sittuation by locating a mirror site that still had 6.3-RELEASE and provided that using the -h switch.
My question is - why did ezjail-admin need to go to the FTP site if I'd just completed make buildworld?
I started using ezjail with older versions that didnt do the ftp download on install so perhaps I'm just confused :p
After installing from the ports and completing make buildword do I still need to do ezjail-admin install to create the initial basejail or can I just skip to ezjail-admin update?
Thanks for any pointers.