Re: [ezjail] add custom mounts?

actually, it looks easier than I thought.. have to edit the fstab.* by hand.

http://barryp.org/blog/entries/ezjail_ports/

Philipp Wuensche wrote:
Michael Scheidell wrote:

I want to add custom mounts when I build new jails.

example:  if I wanted to have 16 jails, all doing exactly the same
thing, why not (read only) mount:

/usr/local

would mount (shared)  ../sbin ../bin  ../libexe  ../perl and php stuff...

executables would be same executables (save memory, disk space) and
upkeep.. only one set of files to run a portsupgrade on.

(with a private , rw /usr/local/etc for each one)

any idea easy way to go about this?

Why not put your stuff into basejail/usr/local and create a link from
/basejail/usr/local to /usr/local in every jail? Could be done by a flavour.

greetings,
philipp

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
  • Certified SNORT Integrator
  • 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
  • Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
  • Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
  • King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
For Information please see www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/