Re: [ezjail] add custom mounts?

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Philipp Wuensche <cryx-freebsd AT h3q DOT com> wrote:
> Michael Scheidell wrote:
>> I want to add custom mounts when I build new jails.
>>
>> example:  if I wanted to have 16 jails, all doing exactly the same
>> thing, why not (read only) mount:
>>
>> /usr/local
>>
>> would mount (shared)  ../sbin ../bin  ../libexe  ../perl and php stuff...
>>
>> executables would be same executables (save memory, disk space) and
>> upkeep.. only one set of files to run a portsupgrade on.
>>

>> (with a private , rw /usr/local/etc for each one)
>>
>> any idea easy way to go about this?
>
> Why not put your stuff into basejail/usr/local and create a link from
> /basejail/usr/local to /usr/local in every jail? Could be done by a flavour.

This is a good suggestion. I have examined the code in ezjail-admin to
be sure that it does nothing to extra directories or files under
basejail -- it does not. It only copies each item of $ezjail_dirlist
from the host to the basejail (on update, for example). Still, in an
abundance of caution, I might put my local files in basejail/usr.local
so that it is not under 2 levels of directory.

There is still a problem, however --  /usr/local/etc has to be
read-write even while the rest of /usr/local remains read-only. Could
this be achieved via a symlink /usr/local/etc -> /local.etc?

--
Fred Condo <fcondo AT quinn DOT com> 415-296-9000 x204 http://quinn.com
Quinn Interactive, Inc. Web design and development since 1994.