Re: [ezjail] ZFS? [WAS] Re: Problem with "archive" command in 3.0b

Philipp Wuensche wrote:

> Today I setup a 7.1-RELEASE system with ZFS. freebsd-update should now
> work with ZFS and ezjail but not with FreeBSD-7. ZFS in FreeBSD 7 is
> heavily outdated and doesn't know stuff like zfs create -p which I use
> in the patch :-(
>
> My guess is ZFS in FreeBSD 7 isn't stable enough for running a
> jailsystem anyway, the ZFS patches in 8.0 require huge changes in the
> FreeBSD kernel and I think they will not be backported to FreeBSD 7, so
> FreeBSD 8.0 is the way to go.

Guess I'm wrong, ZFS pool version 13 was commited to 7-STABLE so we will
see ZFS in FreeBSD-7.

I will start testing the ZFS stuff for ezjail on 7-STABLE as soon as I
have a system running 7-STABLE with ZFS, if things work out there will
be a commit of the ZFS feature in ezjail very soon.

greetings,
philipp