Re: [ezjail] add custom mounts?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Michael Scheidell
<scheidell AT secnap DOT net> wrote:
> I want to add custom mounts when I build new jails.
>
> example:  if I wanted to have 16 jails, all doing exactly the same thing,
> why not (read only) mount:
>
> /usr/local
>
> would mount (shared)  ../sbin ../bin  ../libexe  ../perl and php stuff...
>
> executables would be same executables (save memory, disk space) and upkeep..
> only one set of files to run a portsupgrade on.
>

> (with a private , rw /usr/local/etc for each one)
>
> any idea easy way to go about this?

I have just started work on something like this (basically reading
through the ezjail code; no new code has yet been written). I know
this idea goes against Dirk's design philosophy of ezjail, so I'm
wondering whether to create a set of patches or to fully fork a
project from ezjail. This is for an internal project of my employer's,
so it has a much lower priority than client work. But if there is much
interest, I might be able to make some extra time for it.

--
Fred Condo <fcondo AT quinn DOT com> 415-296-9000 x204 http://quinn.com
Quinn Interactive, Inc. Web design and development since 1994.