Re: GELI jails and 10.0-RELEASE

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Johannes Dieterich <dieterich.joh AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Dear all,

currently upgrading a 9.1 server to 10.0. I have run into problems with GELI-based jails.

Enter passphrase:
Starting jails: cannot start jail  "mygelijail":
jail: mygelijail: mount: /usr/jails/mygelijail/proc: No such file or directory
.
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Per-jail configuration via jail_* variables  is obsolete.  Please consider to migrate to /etc/jail.conf.
Error: Could not start mygelijail.
  You need to start it by hand.

I can manually attach the GELI image and mount it, there is a /proc directory. It did work flawlessly with 9.1.

I'd be grateful for any pointers people can give me!

Best

Johannes
Reply to myself: Disabling procfs in the /usr/local/ezjail/$mygelijail configuration made this work. Nevertheless I am curious to why this is and would like to get this functionality back eventually.

Johannes