Re: [ezjail] ezjail and FreeBSD 10-Release - Jails won't start

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Rainer Duffner <rainer AT ultra-secure DOT de> wrote:

Am 22.01.2014 um 21:47 schrieb Jeff Hinrichs <jeffh AT delasco DOT com>:

> as to jail_enable="YES"
> I am unsure if this is required.  I was attempting to start the jail with the 'jail' command and it said to enable jails with 'jail_enable' or use 'onetime'  -- so I added it to see what would happen.
>
> I like ezjail's way of keeping jail management as simple and straight forward as possible.  We use it for app separation, where we run one server 'app' on a jail.  Keeps you out of the nightmare of upgrading a port and bringing down multiple 'apps'.

With ezjail, you don’t use the jail command any longer.
(AFAIK)

Use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail or ezjail-admin start/stop
Ok, Now I am really confused.
[jlh@neptune ~]$ sudo ezjail-admin stop shipping.delasco.com
Stopping jails: shipping.delasco.com.

[jlh@neptune ~]$ sudo ezjail-admin start shipping.delasco.com
Starting jails: shipping.delasco.com.
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Per-jail configuration via jail_* variables  is obsolete.  Please consider to migrate to /etc/jail.conf.

[jlh@neptune ~]$ sudo ezjail-admin console shipping.delasco.com

And low and behold, I now have a console where I did not before.
However, and confusingly -- none of my .conf files are there.   I would have thought they were especially /etc/rc.conf since when the jail was running before, it was running with flags I specified in the flavours /etc/rc.conf   which are different from what is running on the host.     /etc/resolv.conf was missing

hmmmm...

I know, I take it all back about missing *.conf files.   I deleted the jail and recreated without a flavour to see if it would make a difference.  That is why there are no .conf files in this jail.

I'm going to build a couple ports, blow away the jail with ezjail-admin delete -fw shipping.delasco.com   and then try and recreate with a flavor.

I will report back in a few.

-Jeff