[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ezjail] ezjail and FreeBSD 10-Release - Jails won't start
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: Re: [ezjail] ezjail and FreeBSD 10-Release - Jails won't start
- From: Dirk Engling <erdgeist AT erdgeist DOT org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:03:41 +0100
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- In-reply-to: <CAHoq1-oc_DFrXr478=y9KbFr7H7j=5khOkv8h0qO2Z_XZhmDsA AT mail.gmail DOT com>
- References: <CAHoq1-oc_DFrXr478=y9KbFr7H7j=5khOkv8h0qO2Z_XZhmDsA AT mail.gmail DOT com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0
On 22.01.14 20:03, Jeff Hinrichs wrote:
> There seems to be a battle going on between ezjail and jail.conf
Well, it's not actually a battle, just a developer who rewrote the jail
tool without putting too much thought into what features are actually
used and needed. Now we're stuck with jail(8) and a jail.conf format
that is very hard to parse and manipulate in shell and where essential
tools to parse and manipulate it are absent from the base system.
> Starting jails: cannot start jail "shipping.delasco.com
> jail: "shipping_delasco_com" already exists
This usually means that the jail has been run by another instance
already, I guess rc.d/jail is responsible. Can you check with jls if
there's really a shipping_delasco_com running?
> -- Trying to "Start by hand"
> [jlh@neptune /]$ /etc/rc.d/jail start shipping.delasco.com
> Starting jails:/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Invalid configuration for
> shipping_delasco_com (no jail.conf, no hostname, or no path). Jail
> shipping_delasco_com was ignored.
It might be a little confusing now, but back in the day that would have
meant to just setup all jail config variables and re-run rc.d/jail :(
> Ok, I am lost here. I've been through the docs, but I've got to be
> missing something.
Hope that helps a little. I am lost, too. Clearly development in jail's
core has run astray. I need to come up with something smart before