Re: [ezjail] Proper Steps to Update Host & Jails

Hi

approximately correct and just what I did with a four jail machine with minimal downtime (one reboot) during production. The hickup I ran into was (straight from my notes):

...portupgrades might fail with a conflict involving pkg-config, which is superceeded by

/usr/ports/devel/pkgconf/
It seemed best to delete  /usr/ports/devel/pkg-config/ with

pkg_delete -f pkg-config-0.25_1

and install pkgconf by doing a

cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconf/ && make install clean...

After that, it was only specific ports problems, in my case openJDK7, which seems to have a rather nasty case of not finding its own libjvm.so in the middle of building, but solvable with an additional

ldconfig -m <path-to-lib-dir>

Werner