Re: [ezjail] Backing up a jail

On 2013-10-26 03:53 AM, Dirk Engling wrote:
On 19.08.13 00:33, Dan Langille wrote:

I do like that idea.  Nothing wrong with keeping the snapshot around
for a bit too.  I could script that snapshot as part of the 'before
backup' and 'after backup' scripting that comes with Bacula.

I'd like to point out, that the CVS version of ezjail does have
snapshots with configurable retention policy

https://erdgeist.org/cvsweb/ezjail/ezjail-admin.diff?r1=1.313&r2=1.314&f=h

with the default policy set to

ezjail_default_retention_policy="4x15m 3x1h 2x2h 4h 12h 6x1d 7x1w 11x4w
1000x1y"

This looks wonderful. Especially so given that I am about to deploy a server running about 30-45 jails.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/