Re: [ezjail] ezjail with nanobsd back-end images

On 11/28/13, Dirk Engling <erdgeist AT erdgeist DOT org> wrote:
> On 28.11.13 19:13, Dimitar Vassilev wrote:
>
>> has anyone tested ezjail with nanobsd back-end images?
>
> While I have not tested them, new image types can easily added by adding
> the appropriate code to the ezjail-admin and ezjail.sh scripts,
> everywhere ezjail_imagetype is mentioned ;)
>
> Basically you will have to provide code to create an image, attach and
> detach it, destroy it.
>
> Is there a simple primer for nanobsd images?

Actually building nanobsd images are rather easy.

In simple steps (the files attached with my comments for FreeBSD 8.3,
some changes are required for the new version of FreeBSD, particularly
FreeBSD10 as it uses pkgng):

1) You need a kernel config (NANOSERVER)

2) You need a nanobsd build config (nanoserver.conf)

3) Execute the nanobsd script from /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd

#cd /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd
#sh nanobsd.sh -c nanoserver.conf

4) And in a few minutes to few hours the images (_.disk.full  and
_.disk.image) is ready!

5) Burn the image (usually less than 512MB)

# dd if=_.disk.full of=/dev/ad0 bs=64k

6) You can even upgrade upto an alternative kernel (update1 or update
2 depending on which slice you want to use) in the same usb stick or
CF disk.

Hope, this helps.