Re: [ezjail] zfs datasets won't automount inside jail

Hi Vedad,

On 22 avr. 2015, at 10:31, Vedad KAJTAZ <vedad AT kajtaz DOT net> wrote:

> You're being lucky if the above works. It will randomly fail.
>
> The issue is that zfs datasets are being linked to the jail from the host system (ezjail issues the "zfs jail <id> <dataset>" command) after the jail startup (since the above command requires the jail id), that is, after the jail_MYJAIL_exec_start is fired from within the jail.
>

> The only rock solid working solution is to write a jail startup script (jail_MYJAIL_exec_start) that will wait for the zfs datasets to appear (eg. by checking the "zfs list" output in a while/sleep loop) before issuing the zfs mount command (unless you have zfs_enable="YES" set in rc.conf, then it will implicitly mount), and before running the /etc/rc script.

In fact, I've tried zfs_enable="YES" in my jail's /etc/rc.conf, but it would not work at all (100% failure across reboots).
I guess I'm going to write a script to handle all this mess :)
I'll have to create a total of 11 jails, I don't want something randomly failing in the event of a reboot.

thanks,
Patrick