zfs datasets won't automount inside jail

Hello,

After about 15 years spent playing with FreeBSD, I'm trying Jails for the first time. I've chosen ezjail and i'm quite happy about it but I'm facing strange issues.
For example, I'm not able to automount ZFS dataset inside the jail. I have to issue "zfs mount -a" from within the jail, and then it's all OK. In order to automount, I've edited the _exec_start command so that it sends the mount request when the jail starts:

export jail_MYJAIL_exec_start="/bin/sh /etc/rc & zfs mount -va"

And it works great, so far.

Is there any better way/best practice to achieve this?

thanks,
Patrick