Re: [ezjail] trouble installing ports packages

On 3/23/07, Philipp Wuensche <cryx-freebsd AT h3q DOT com> wrote:
Don Munyak wrote:
> I am trying to install an application(s) into a JAIL. I have ssh'd
> into the JAIL (mail). I can see the linked directories. I do have a
> full ports tree on the HOST system, where HOST is the true base
> system, at /usr/ports. I can't seem to access the ports tree from the
> JAIL in order to install the software.

You simple need an ports collection in your basejail too.

For the defaults: just copy /usr/ports to /usr/jails/basejail/usr/ports.

There's an ezjail feature for that:

ezjail-admin update -p

From the ezjail-admin manpage:

"If the -p or -P options are given, the base jail also is given a copy of
FreeBSDs ports tree, which is in turn linked into all newly created
ezjails. The portsnap utility is invoked to do the actual work.

If the -P option is given, only the ports tree will be updated, this can
be done, while jails are running."

Alex