Re: [ezjail] disk labeling

On Thursday 15 March 2007 04:20, Matt Simerson wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:53 PM, Helge Rohde wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, delivered on mp3, for convenient listening while driving,
> >> riding, or other mindless tasks when you'd like to feed your brain.
> >
> > An mp3 of a Berkeley Course on  OS coding: Great.
> > No idea on how to make sense of itmss:// links: Sucks.
>
> They're giving away the course lectures for free using the most
> popular digital media content distribution system in existence.
The WWW ? :)
seriously, they're using a proprietary standard that their own OS has no
(easy) way to use. The only App i know that can use it is propriatary and
only runs on proprietary OSes.

I'd say a simple link to the *.mp3 couldn't have been so hard to do.
On the other hand, its free, so i will stfu ;p

> > I have neither OsX, Windows nor Itunes, so how am i supposed to get
> > to the
> > goods?
> > Anyone has any Idea on how / where i could get my fix?
>
> DVD Jon wrote and released an app, pyMusique IIRC. It's a python
> client for the iTunes music store. I know it worked on Linux so it
> should work on FreeBSD as well. If you can't find a download for
> pyMusique, go over to a friends house and download the MP3s and burn
> them to a CD, or better yet, copy them to your iPod.  I've had a
> dozen of them which I use primarily for listening to books and
> courses. For that, my favorite is the nano. The shuffle has no screen
> or button lock. Navigating within a book is miserable when necessary
> because you accidentally pressed a button.
I'll check out pyMusique ... would come in handy on other occasions. Failing
that I'll stick to the old sneakernet method you advised.
Thanks for your time,
Helge