Directory permissions for /usr in basejail

Hello,

I installed ezjail via portmaster in FreeBSD 10. Afterwards I tried to install mysql-server 5.5 in a new jail which was not successful because of the access rights for /usr.
During the analysis I noticed that the basejail/usr directory has access rights 750. As soon as I change the settings to 755 mysql worked fine.

Now I installed FreeBSD 10 from scretch in order to find out if the basejail/usr directory has really 750 as access rights. I was able to confirm the same behavior.

Did I something wrong two times or is are the access rights for basejail/usr directory really 750 ?
If the access rights 750 are correct, is there a reason for that ?
Are there any security reasons to avoid changing it to 755 ?

  BR Marcus