Re: [ezjail] noob question: read-only mounted via nullfs is *really* readonly?

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 12:48, Dirk Engling wrote:
> Helge Rohde wrote:
> > Might be lack of sleep on my part tho, but i feel outwitted, would be
> > grateful for any hints/ideas °_°
>
> What you seem to be missing is the following lines in your jails
> /etc/make.conf:
>
> WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
> DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
> PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
>
> Those are supposed to be installed when you indicate interest of
> managing jail's ports from within host system by using the -p switch
> when doing an ezjail-admin install/update. (Heck of a relative sentence :)
Guten Morgen Dirk!

WEll, yes, as i suspected it was partly due to my lack of sleep...i made the
mistake of copying over my make.conf to the jails ... ^_^
I fixed that, but now i am trying to get portupgrade to work. I added/changed

   ENV['PACKAGES'] ||= '/var/ports/packages'
  ENV['PKG_PATH'] ||= '/var/ports/packages/All'
  ENV['PKG_BACKUP_DIR'] ||= '/var/tmp/pkg_backup'
  ENV['PORTS_INDEX'] ||= '/var/ports/INDEX'

to the jails' /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to make it work with the changed
environment, but is still get stuff like that:

Fetching the ports index ... fetch: /usr/ports/INDEX-6.bz2: open(): Read-only
file system
*** Error code 1

Stop in /basejail/usr/ports.
failed to fetch INDEX!

which i find a bit puzzling since i *did* add that last line to the
pkgtools.conf precisely to avoid that happening!?

Another thing that puzzled me was that when i tried to make the flavor install
portupgrade from ports it failed on ruby-db ... when i got in and did a make
clean && make install by hand all worked like a charm. Worked around it using
packages, but i find that to be suboptimal because it requires me to compile
outside the jail when first setting up a new packagebuilder jail.

Can you enlighten me?

Thanks for your help and great work!

Helge