Re: [ezjail] still under development?

On 24/Oct 16:41, Dirk Engling wrote:

> >What is needed?  What can we do to help?
> In order to properly work with the jail.conf mechanism, ezjail needs to be able to parse and modify the config format. Legacy is one file per jail, parsable by shell. New format is context sensitive, with admins in mind who write the config by vi. I've warned Jamie that this might become a problem for ezjail but he said that he can't postpone the work for a third party tool.

        Do you really have to parse it? Can you place a comment in
first line like "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL
BE OVERWRITTEN" and call it quits? Don't read, always generate jail
config from scratch, like resolvconf generates /etc/resolv.conf.
Just add an option to force overwrite if config file does not
have that warning (to prevent accidental erase of custom jail.conf).

        The next week I'm moving my last mail cluster container to
OpenVZ. Too many issues with FreeBSD in general (especially lack of
dirvers for HP servers) and yes, lack of development of ezjail too.
OpenVZ containers are much more convenient. I lived with FreeBSD for
more than 10 years (and with BSDi for many years before that), but
finally there is no way to go back.

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.isaev.ru         Moscow, Russia