Re: [ezjail] n00b questions

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 04:17:47PM -0500, Don Munyak wrote:
> My rc.conf for jailwiki now looks like this
>
> ----{Configure:rc.conf}
> # This file now contains the commands for /home/wiki/etc/rc.conf.
> sshd_enable="YES"
>
> #----EOF----
>
> ?? -->>Since this is a jail, do I still need to add to
> /home/wiki/etc/rc.conf
named_enable="YES"                          #if you want to
saver="blank"                               #useless/invalid in a jailed system
sendmail_enable="NO"                        #if you want to
syslogd_enable="YES"                        #if you want to
syslogd_flags="-ss"                         #if you want to
log_in_vain="YES"                           #if you want to
accounting_enable="YES"                     #useless/invalid in a jailed system
clear_tmp_enable="YES"                      #if you want to
update_motd="NO"                            #if you want to
icmp_drop_redirect="YES"                    #useless/invalid in a jailed system
icmp_log_redirect="YES"                     #useless/invalid in a jailed system
icmp_bmcastecho="NO"                        #useless/invalid in a jailed system
icmp_bandlim="YES"                          #useless/invalid in a jailed system
tcp_keepalive="YES"                         #useless/invalid in a jailed system
tcp_extensions="NO"                         #useless/invalid in a jailed system
kern_securelevel_enable="YES"               #useless/invalid in a jailed system
kern_securelevel="-1"                       #useless/invalid in a jailed system

> ?? -->> Is Jail access maintained by a jailed ipf.rules, or do I need
> to enable this as well for the given jail.

ipfilter_enable="YES"                    #useless/invalid in a jailed system
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"          #useless/invalid in a jailed system
firewall_logging="YES"                   #useless/invalid in a jailed system
ipmon_enable="YES"                       #useless/invalid in a jailed system
ipmon_flags="-Dvn /var/log/firewall.log" #useless/invalid in a jailed system

Stefan Grundmann