[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SOLVED] Cannot ssh to jails after upgrade to FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: [SOLVED] Cannot ssh to jails after upgrade to FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE
- From: "Alex Moura" <alexsm AT gmail DOT com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:47:07 -0200
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=FigfbKeQTttF6pSBnvOrMIHzvjPeOnfpAuOIzZjQEzRp2BZKrDEW5fDohR1dW84zh+ndGQMvAoCnRuPmPPVG6GdiQNFcjszSseHsKKqGYs38R58JIpHnPDREbOxLpIYgIz3vFpFgL92WtaxStTtn0M2gZEip5Ui0YGKhQslZGOE=
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
This is a report of a problem that started yesterday and that I just solved.
After upgrading the server and jails to FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE, I've
stumbled with a odd problem. Some jails were acessible via ssh
and some were not. When I tried to ssh to a problemtic jail, I
received this error message:
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
When I debugged the problem, trying to restart the sshd and even
regenerated ssh host keys, I received this error when initializing
the jail sshd:
ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "strtonum"
Rebuilding and reinstalling the world and using ldd didn't help.
I finally found the cause to be that the problematic jails had some
directories that they shouldn't have: /lib and /libexec! And with files
of their own, not sync'd with the basejail's /lib and /libexec:
The correct jail directories should be:
/usr/jails/spock/lib@ -> /basejail/lib
/usr/jails/spock/libexec@ -> /basejail/libexec
/usr/jails/sulu/lib@ -> /basejail/lib
/usr/jails/sulu/libexec@ -> /basejail/libexec
The jails without problems had these symbolic links.
I removed the /lib and /libexec dirs of the problematic jails,
created the symlinks and life is good again.
I guess this was caused by creating these jails with an older
version of ezjail, like ezjail-1.2 or ezjail-1.3.
Don't ask me how the jails were running fine until I upgraded to
6.2-RELEASE, including the services and apps like ntp, sshd,
apache, mysql, cacti, nagios etc, etc.