Nestor Wheelock - 314-558-4850 x501 wrote:
That would be helpful in my setup (and not annoying).

-Nestor

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:51:02 +0000, Andrew Hotlab
<andrew.hotlab AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:
From: andrew.hotlab AT hotmail DOT com
To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:02:24 +0000
Subject: RE: [ezjail] Multiple flavours and version 3.1

I'd also like to finally finish in and release version 3.1, so if you
have
any last remarks, want to test any new feature listed in

http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#Changelog

or can help out with regression test, that would be appreciated.

Just started to test the latest CVS revision...

... hoping to come back with something more substantial! :)

Maybe it's not another "substantial" hint, but...

Since revision 1.222 ezjail-admin is able to correctly manage jails in
different FIBs. This is a great thing: you are finally able to have
multiple jails managed with ezjail running on the same host but connected
to different subnets.
For this, you have to remember to assign the jail to the correct FIB
after
the 'ezjail-admin create' command, by issuing 'ezjail-admin config -f
${fib_number} ${jailname}'. How do you think about displaying the FIB number associated with each
jail
in a dedicated column in the output of the ezjail-admin list? (maybe
before
the IP address field)
This would eat up 5 characters, which might be subtracted from the
"Hostname" field, and would help administrators to immediately detect if
jail is associated to the correct FIB.

Obviously, if you do not use multiple FIBs on your host you might be
annoyed by this "useless" info displayed in the list, but I think it is
worth it.

If anyone think it would be an useful thing, I'll be glad to write the
patch as soon as possible (I'm not a script master, but I should be able
do this change).

Andrew

Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias AT noc.ntua DOT gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE