RE: [ezjail] Multiple flavours and version 3.1

> From: andrew.hotlab AT hotmail DOT com
> To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:02:24 +0000
> Subject: RE: [ezjail] Multiple flavours and version 3.1
>

>> I'd also like to finally finish in and release version 3.1, so if you have
>> any last remarks, want to test any new feature listed in
>>
>> http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#Changelog
>>
>> or can help out with regression test, that would be appreciated.
>>

> Just started to test the latest CVS revision...
>
> ... hoping to come back with something more substantial! :)

Maybe it's not another "substantial" hint, but...

Since revision 1.222 ezjail-admin is able to correctly manage jails in different FIBs. This is a great thing: you are finally able to have multiple jails managed with ezjail running on the same host but connected to different subnets.
For this, you have to remember to assign the jail to the correct FIB after the 'ezjail-admin create' command, by issuing 'ezjail-admin config -f  ${fib_number} ${jailname}'.
How do you think about displaying the FIB number associated with each jail in a dedicated column in the output of the ezjail-admin list? (maybe before the IP address field)
This would eat up 5 characters, which might be subtracted from the "Hostname" field, and would help administrators to immediately detect if a jail is associated to the correct FIB.

Obviously, if you do not use multiple FIBs on your host you might be annoyed by this "useless" info displayed in the list, but I think it is worth it.

If anyone think it would be an useful thing, I'll be glad to write the patch as soon as possible (I'm not a script master, but I should be able to do this change).

Andrew