RE: [ezjail] ACLs under image based jail.

> From: rnodal AT gmail DOT com
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:45:37 -0500
> To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
> Subject: [ezjail] ACLs under image based jail.
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a couple of jails and one of them is an image based jail and I
> would like to take advantage of ACLs but I cannot find where can I
> specify to mount the image with ACLs support.
> I took a look under /usr/local/etc/ezjail/jailname and I found some
> "export jail_jailname_attachparams" options but I'm not sure if that
> option is the one used to specify that the image
> should be mounted with ACLs support. Any input or pointers would be
> appreciated.

Quoting from the FreeBSD Handbook: "... ACLs are enabled by the mount-time administrative flag, acls, which may be added to /etc/fstab. The mount-time flag can also be automatically set in a persistent manner using tunefs(8) to modify a superblock ACLs flag in the file system header. ..."
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/fs-acl.html

I think it will be sufficient to use tunefs(8) to modify the filesystem in the image.

Andrew