Re: [ezjail] ports install error newbies

Thanks !

I follow your instruction!

Hiroshi

Dirk Engling wrote:

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, hiroshi AT soupacific DOT com wrote:

mkdir: /usr/ports/distfiles: Read-only file system

This is due to the changes I made in commit

https://erdgeist.org/cvsweb/ezjail/ezjail-admin.diff?r1=1.242;r2=1.243;f=h

You should copy make.conf from /usr/share/examples/ezjail/example/etc/make.conf to your new jail's /etc

======== 8< ======== 8< ======== 8< ======== 8< ======== 8< ======== 8<

To the mailing list:

I think the decision not to automatically install make.conf from example flavour was a bad one. It seems that ezjails should work out out the box -- if I automatically install a read only ports tree, an appropriate make.conf must be present.

So I revert the change and start providing other variables in make.conf, as well. This move was triggered by an email telling me that my make.conf breaks the portupgrade tool trying to update the INDEX in /usr/ports.

So, from now on, what goes into make.conf is:

WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
INDEXDIR=               /var/ports

The email's author's comment: "The last line is needed, or any major port upgrades or installs will die the death!"

See

https://erdgeist.org/cvsweb/ezjail/ezjail-admin.diff?r1=1.245;r2=1.246;f=h