Re: [ezjail] Message "Error: Create failed." during restore process and fstab.jail restored back to default one

Timo Pallach wrote:
> Graham Todd wrote:
>> Timo Pallach wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> first I would like to thank you for the great tool to manage FreeBSD
>>> jails!!!
>>>
>>> What I did:
>>>    * I have got a jail called "www". It has got a modified
>>> "/etc/fstab.www", where I added additional entries.
>>>    * I created an archive of this jail: # ezjail-admin archive -A -d
>>> /tmp/
>>>    * I stopped the jail: # ezjail-admin stop www
>>>    * I deleted the jail: # ezjail-admin delete -w www
>>>    * I restored the jail: # ezjail-admin restore -f -d /tmp/ www
>>> => I always get the message "Error: Create failed." during the restore
>>> process but everything seems to be fine!
>>> => The modified "/etc/fstab.www" that is included in the archive I
>>> created is not copied back but the default "/etc/fstab.www" can be found
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Is everything successfully restored and I can ignore the message "Error:
>>> Create failed." during the restore process, or do I have do do something
>>> manually?
>>
>> The error sounds like classic Unix permissions problem :) Or perhaps a
>> link not being created ...
>>
>> Was the /etc/fstab.www removed when you did "ezjail-admin delete -w
>> www" ?
>
> Yes, the "/etc/fstab.www" was deleted correctly!
>
> Is there a possibility to turn on some verbose output?

Hope you solved this. The error is probably not serious or your jail
wouldn't work :) .. but the fstab error is mysterious.  Did you figure it out?

Dunno how useful it would be, but you could make !#/bin/sh more verbose
with "set -v" "set -x" or adding "-vx" to the interpreter bang line in
/usr/local/bin/ezjail-admin

It might just show a bunch of junk :)  You might be better off adding
verboseness to the pax command in the restore function in that file
(likely with "-v").

cheers,