Re: [ezjail] rcorder errors?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Panagiotis Christias wrote:

Michiel Detailleur wrote:
Hi,
Just a quick one... When starting up a jail, what is "rcorder: could not open log: No such file or directory" indicating? Looking at rcorder's manpage, I'm not getting just what it might be logging or what it wants to log to.
I have the same error.
I'm working with some fairly "non-standard" jail setups, and I'm just trying to track down what might be amiss here. Services do start up normally, so the error is non-fatal, but I'm curious...
I have this on a fresh FreeBSD 8.0 install, both with the ezjail version from port and the one from CVS.

Any funny file, symlink or whatever in /usr/local/etc/ezjail? What's the output of the following (assuming that ezjail_prefix=/usr/local):

 cd /usr/local/etc/ezjail; ls | xargs rcorder

As others noted, that was my issue - a weird symlink from "log" to "../run/log". I took a different approach and set the symlink to actually point to a /var/run/log directory and that shut it up...

This was from the cvs version.  I checked it out about a week ago.

Thanks all,

Charles

Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias AT noc.ntua DOT gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE