ezjail-admin vs. make.conf

Dear fellow hackers,

while I'm ironing out the last wrinkles in ezjail to get it ready for
3.1 release, containing some newjail features, I encountered some things
I'd like to get feedback from you.

Currently ezjail-admin does automatically, what normally only flavours
should do: put a convenience-make.conf into the jail:

  # A ports collection inside jails is hardly useful w/o an appropriate
  # /etc/make.conf.
  if [ -f "${ezjail_examples}/example/etc/make.conf" -a ! -f
"${ezjail_jailtemplate}/etc/make.conf" ]; then
    cp -p "${ezjail_examples}/example/etc/make.conf"
"${ezjail_jailtemplate}/etc/"
    echo "Note: a non-standard /etc/make.conf was copied to the template
jail in order to get the ports collection running inside jails."
  fi

This was invented way before flavours were introduced. Now, some tools
like portupgrade also break when their INDEXDIR is not writable.
However, I am not fond of chasing any given inconvenience.

I am considering removing this behaviour alltogether and move it to
where it should live: in the example flavour. Is there any reason not to
do so? Would it create confusion to change the behaviour?