Re: Jails won't start without enabled daemons

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Spil Oss <spil.oss AT googlemail DOT com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just had some problems with starting jails.
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail start build
>
> would return normally, nothing out of order to be found in
> /var/log/jail_build_console.log
> Changing the start command to /bin/sh -x /etc/rc indicated that
> nothing was failing.
>
> Finally found out that I must have at least one daemon enabled in the
> jail for it to start.
>
> This behaviour I don't recall from before. Is it new or must there
> always be a daemon to start in /etc/rc.conf(.local)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Spil.

Forgot to mention a number of things.

- After a start for the jail, you can't start it again since the
/var/run/jail_build.id file exists
- If you stop all processes in a jail, the jail is gone and can't be
started again since the /var/run/jail_build.id file exists

Kind regards,

Spil.