Re: [ezjail] creating archives under ZFS

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Philipp Wuensche wrote:
[...] Until then, you can alway snapshot/clone or send/recv the jails ZFS filesystem by hand and create the new jail with ezjail-admin -x -c zfs to create a jail with preexisting root. To make this work I update ezjail-admin in the CVS (https://erdgeist.org/cvsweb/ezjail/ezjail-admin?rev=1.237)

I did a clone + promote on the file system snapshot I wanted, and this seems to have worked great.

[...]
This is definitly a bug in ezjail! I fixed it in the CVS version:
https://erdgeist.org/cvsweb/ezjail/ezjail-admin?rev=1.236 so
ezjail-admin archive will not try to attach an image when the jail has
the imagetype zfs.

I tried this and got the following error :

manjushri# ezjail-admin archive web1
pax: Access/modification time set failed on: ./var/empty <Operation not permitted>
Error: Archiving jail failed.
You might want to check and remove /root/web1-201001151233.58.tar.gz.
manjushri#

By the way, Thanks to everyone for maintaining and updating this. It is a great resource. (Much better than the scripts that I wrote years ago to do some of the same things.)