Re: [ezjail] jail sysctl values

On 01/12/10 06:15, Philipp Wuensche wrote:
Sheldon Jones wrote:
I'm trying to set the per-jail sysctl value for allow.socket_af. Is it
possible
to do this using ezjail-admin? If not can someone please give me an
example how to set this value.

There is no such functionality in ezjail yet. To be honest, I haven't
found a usable way to use these sysctls at all.
I'm trying to run samba in a jail. The smbd daemon runs fine, but
the nmdb doesn't. I think it's missing the NetBIOS protocol.

I get "open_socket_in(): socket() call failed: Protocol not supported"
when I try to start it.

If you have more
information on the subject I would be very interested  and maybe I can
get this implemented in ezjail.

I've tried to put security.jail.param.allow.socket_af=1 in the jails
sysctl.conf but /etc/rc.d/sysctl returns: WARNING: unable to set
security.jail.param.allow.socket_af=1

I've also tried using the jail -m command to modify the running jail.

I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks for the reply.

-Sheldon